Thursday, January 12, 2012

Falling

Truthfully I don’t know how I got here, here being literal as well as figurative. Here being nowhere, everywhere with the wind rushing around me and the ground growing closer and closer. I jumped that much I know for sure, I had leaped from the top of that cliff. But why I could not for the life of me remember, I hit the surface of the icy water below it took my breath away. Sinking slowly to the bottom of the freezing sea, my mind became clearer and I remembered. This was my choice of ending, I chose this over the fate that destiny had sent for me, death that would come at the hands of my brother, my death that would be torturous, painfully slow where the end would never come sooner. My brother the kindest sweetest soul I have ever met, the only man I know who would never rush off to war, to battle, to kill. But I seem to be getting ahead of myself.

No comments: